La Spezia is a small town, an ideal place to stay when you want to visit the Cinque terre or other breathtaking places such as Porto Venere and Pisa. It has an eclectic gastronomic tradition, born from the fusion between the Ligurian and Tuscan experiences, you can immerse yourself in the gastronomic scene! Tasting traditional dishes and the best street food specialties through a "itinerant" meal in the center of La Spezia, you will discover its culinary tradition with our expert gastronome.
This experience incorporates five stages between traditional and street food proposals,served in different places We will start with an aperitif, and we will end up with a traditional dessert or a delicious ice cream.
Here are some of the delicious things you can taste:
- Sgabei - small pancakes made from bread dough.
- Mesciua - great legume soup with chickpeas, beans and wheat, served with oil and black pepper! You can find the recipe here.
- Testaroli or panigacci - They can be boiled and seasoned with pesto, parmesan or mushrooms(testaroli)or baked and seasoned with cold cuts and cheeses (panigacci).
- Pasta with walnut sauce - typical of the Liguria region. Absolutely not to be missed!
- Fried squid and anchovies - fished locally and prepared directly by fishermen.
- Farinata- is prepared with chickpeaflour, water, extra virgin olive oil, salt and rosemary and is cooked in a wood-burning oven. The best is the soft one in the center with a slight crunchy crust on the outside.
- Ice cream or dessert - enjoy the best homemade ice cream in La Spezia!