Join our palermo street food tour!
A one-of-a-kind experience that will allow you to immerse yourself in the local culture and history of the city. The local cuisine is influenced by two fundamental elements: the beautiful sea and the sun that warms the Sicilian lands. The combination of these two factors makes Palermo's gastronomic offer incredibly lively and unforgettable.
The sale of takeaway food in Palermo comes from the meeting of the various peoples and cultures who, over time, have lived in cities: Africans, Latins, Greeks, Spaniards, Jews and Arabs just to name a few. Each people has introduced their gastronomic customs into the Sicilian tradition, participating in the birth of today's delicious, crunchy and lively dishes, often prepared in plain sight by the wise hands of local experts.
With our street food tour of Palermo,you will be able to taste the best of Sicilian street food,walking through the noisy and colorful streets of the historic center, accompanied by a local gastronomic expert.
Here's what you'll be assaulting:
- Sandwich with panelle and crocchè - the beating heart of Palermo street food is a sesame sandwich stuffed with potato croquettes and chickpea omelette.
- Ca meuza sandwich - if you are a real experimenter and you are not afraid of strong tastes, then you can try this sandwich stuffed with boiled spleen pieces and then sautéed with lard. A sandwich from true connoisseurs!
- Sfincione - is made with a pizza-like pasta covered with fresh tomato sauce, anchovy paste, capers and onion. Sfincione is palermo's version of pizza!
- Arancini - famous all over the world are composed of a ball of rice stuffed with the most varied ingredients (meat, raw ham, spinach, various types of cheese and much more) and subsequently fried as tradition dictates.
- Sicilian cannoli - the waffle, traditionally shaped around a hot metal bar, is filled with a sweet and creamy preparation made with ricotta, candied fruit, crispy pistachios or dark chocolate chips. An explosion of taste and color! You can find the recipe here.
- Sicilian granita - perfect for relaxing and cooling off on hot summer afternoons. It is served in a glass and is ideal to end a rich meal in beauty. Fresh fruit, sugar and ice are the necessary ingredients, simple, but incredibly tasty.. imagine it served with coffee, chocolate or fresh fruit!