You can't say you really visited Naples without eating its pizza!
Everyone knows pizza, everyone eats it, but the original pizza comes from Naples and can only be eaten there; Neapolitan pizza was born in 1600, but it was a different version from today's; in 1800 it was the subject of changes and improvements with the introduction of tomato and mozzarella that make pizza what we all know today. Margherita pizza was born in 1889, named after the Neapolitan pizza maker Raffaele Esposito who chose the name in honor of Queen Margherita.
Inside the beautiful Neapolitan old town, with our pizza tour of Naples you will have the opportunity to try the most loved variations on the pizzatheme, the famous Neapolitan omelettes,a fabulous dessert and, of course,an espresso.
Our expert gastronome will accompany you to discover Naples and make you taste many delicacies such as:
- Handmade Neapolitan tarallo - represents the most traditional street food in Naples. A salty and crumbly cookie, with a pinch of black pepper, almonds and, more importantly, with lard, an indispensable ingredient able to give the tarallo that unique taste. Absolutely not to be missed!
- Fried pizza - also known as "people's pizza" because it was sold by women, in the streets of Naples during the post-war period to contribute to the family economy. It is often served stuffed with tomato, ricotta and provola. Our tour will give you the opportunity to taste the real one in the ancient fryers known and frequented only by the locals.
- Pasta omelette- called "omelette ' and maccarune", is a must of the Neapolitan tradition. A simple, but incredibly tasty preparation that you will love madly!
- Pizza marinara or margherita - the real one, the traditional pizza that, in itself, would be worth a visit to Naples.
- Snowflake - get ready to enjoy one of the best desserts you've ever tried. His recipe is secret and you won't believe his goodness when you try it!
- Espresso - the best coffee in Italy is drunk in Naples. You will try it in one of the historic bars of Naples, renowned all over the world!